Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I Got It...

(Audrey, Noah, & Aly)

Well, I finally got it. That nasty cold I've been avoiding since the first of December. Sheesh...I really don't like being sick, but I don't know what's worse, being sick or seeing the plethora of chores that awaits me when I eventually DO get well. Yesterday, my every hour was spent on the sofa, trying to enjoy a Smallville marathon and keep Noah fed. I actually had a little more energy today and ventured into the spare bedroom and ploppped down in front of the computer. If I'm gonna sit, I might as well check my e-mails and post a blog, right?

The silly thing is, I really don't mind being sick right now. I mean, I've been fighting colds and washing my hands and taking tons of vitamin C and drinking lots of Airborne and praying that I wouldn't get sick duing Christmas because I had so much to do I just didn't have time to get sick. So if I'm gonna get sick, it might as well be when I don't have much going on, when I can sit in front of the computer or T.V. and veg out, ya know? It could be worse, so I'll just be sick and just get over it and go on living. Anyways...


(Noah and Aly)

Here are a few pictures of Noah and his two best friends before Christmas. Yes, I know they are girls, but he likes them anyways. Ha, ha. He gets to do stuff with them that he doesn't get to do at home - like play with a Dora the Explorer kitchen, or watch the girls put on makeup or lipstick (or watch the moms put on the lipstick, hee hee). We had some pizza and a little gift exchange and we just really enjoyed ourselves over at Karla's house. This was just one of the many things that we did before the New Year, so again - I'll take being sick now over being sick then anyday!

(Audrey, Robin, and Sarah Ann)

I think I'm pointing and laughing here because Robin can't get the package open. I know, I'm mean, aren't I?

2 People Shoutin' Out:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Sorry about the cold. We're all miserable over here too. A few days ago we took Darren into the doctor's office and found out he had slight pneumonia and then I went to the dr yesterday and found out I have bronchitis! HORRIBLE! We've never been this sick before. It's awful.

I hope you get better. It's never fun to be sick AND be a mom. Don't you ever wish you could be two places at once? I would totally sleep in while my other half cared for the kids. Oh the things I dream of!

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh! I thought I was the only one who had dreams of there being two of "me"!

And when I create my own world, I'm gonna make women with 4 arms - two retractable ones below the two we already have - so we don't look like freaks or anything.