Friday, January 11, 2008

The Best Cookbook. EVER!!


Ok, this might seem lame, but I'm gonna share a little something with you. A confession, if you will. Deep breath, and...

I don't know how to boil eggs. *Sigh* Really.

Any attempts at cooking eggs in water end up eggs that are either super-tough and rubbery, or I cut them open and the yolk is still runny in the middle. I know that it's pathetic, I know it's something I should have been born with, it SHOULD be in my genes, because my Aunt Dee Dee and my Mommy can both boil eggs to perfection. But I am a failure. Or, was a failure, rather. Because with the Christmas money my Grandad gave me last year, I went out and bought myself this book. It should be titled; The Best Cookbook EVER Even If You Can't Boil Eggs or Make Potato Salad or Don't Know How To Bake A Chicken.


Don't know which cut of beef to buy to barbeque on the grill? This book's got it. Wondering what the difference between an yam and a sweet potato is? Check. Question about pie crusts? Check. Chicken? Check. Cakes? Check. Wondering how to cook fish for your husband who never grew up with it so automatically assumes fish is digusting because it's a not "meat and potatoes" kind of meal? Triple CHECK!!! (Try the Crispy-Oven-Fried-Fish Recipe, it's fantastic).


So, it can be summed up like this:
Tilapia Fillets, $4.25
Bread Crumbs, $2.59
Eggs, $1.79
Cookbook, $20.00


Sitting around the table and eating a piece of meat other than chicken or pork chops and have everyone eat all the food on their plate and not complain about the "weird" food I try to force my husband to consume; Priceless!

2 People Shoutin' Out:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

You should be a spokesperson for the cookbook. That was a wonderful commercial. It's so funny because I do the SAME thing when I write to my family. I LOVE Cascade Complete and some other products and so I'll go in "commercial mode" and everyone will make fun of me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that.

I love my Betty Crocker Cookbooks (we happen to get two for our wedding--do you think people were trying to tell me something?). I didn't know how to boil an egg either! So I looked it up a couple months ago so I could satisfy the craving I was having.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah! Love the little Cascade/Dawn super-packs that you just pick up and throw into the little cup! They are awesome and easy and fast and great.

Haven't tried Betty Crocker yet, but I'll put it next on my list of books to buy.