Thursday, November 01, 2007

A Little Tiny Adventure...

Ok, so most of the women reading this (all three of you) will understand me when I say, "HELLLOOOO?!?!?!? Where in the world did my body go?!?!?!?". You know, the body I had before I had my son? Yep, that one. Don't know where it went. But it still takes a serious health scare and one MEAN female doctor to get my booty out of bed and actually do something about it. So I did it: I signed up for the gym. The one where you have to get up @ 7 am and get your kid up and drive down and sign up and work out. Yep. For a measly $32 a month, I get a full access pass to every aerobics class offered, a full cardio room, weight room, heated pool, outdoor track, courts, and a huge jungle gym. Oh, plus a babysitter. That's actually the reason I joined.

So the first day, (Monday) I'm all ready to go and I show up, and see someone I know - Karla from the mom's group. Sweet!! I know someone! Then Robin shows up - another familiar face! Yeah!! And Robin says that she tripped over the step last time and made the instructer mess up and left the room 3 times so I can't possible do anything more embarrassing than that, right? Lest we forget, we are talking about Sarah here. Yep, just a reminder.

I know I've never worked out before but I was trying to keep up with the instructer and the 80 year old ladies in the back and "who needs a water break", and "I can do this for just a minute more" and "wow this is so much harder than it looks", and "sheesh, my back is sweaty", and "ok, I think I could use a water break", and "I'll just bend down to pick up my bottle", and huh......"this floor smells clean" and "look at all the fuzzy faces".

Oh yes, people (all three of you who I absolutely adore for reading this and calling me to laugh at me)

I

PASSED

OUT.

While trying my hardest to not look like a dork in front of everybody in the class by trying to keep up and not taking water breaks, I ended up looking like the biggest dork in front of everybody in the class while lying smack dab in the middle of the doorway on the floor. One of the amazingly fit older ladies wanted to call 911, but Robin, a former EMT, convinced them that I was not about to die, I was just a dork.

25 minutes, a lot of ice cold paper towels, and a yummy gatorade later, I was on my feet and answering horrifying questions like:

"Did you eat breakfast?" (um, nope)
"Did you drink lots of water before you started?" (Hmmmmm...nope)
"Have you ever taken step before?" (heck no!)
"Do you have any health issues?" (Well, what other reason would I have for getting up when the sun rises and coming out here and paying money to have someone tell me what to do and get all sore for it?)

And so ends my first day of working out. Or passing out. I think I'll make a list of WHAT NOT TO DO when beginning an excercise regimen and post it on the door of the club. But hey, I got a free gatorade.

3 People Shoutin' Out:

Gerb said...

Oh, how I loved this story. Not that I was happy you passed out, or that you have to endure workout torture in the early hours of the morning, but I could picture every moment!

Sarah said...

I am so glad that you were entertained by my misfortune. Hee, hee. I know that it's great fun to tell the story and I'm so glad I had a few friends there to keep me out of the ER!!!

Sarah said...

I am so glad that you were entertained by my misfortune. Hee, hee. I know that it's great fun to tell the story and I'm so glad I had a few friends there to keep me out of the ER!!!