Monday, August 07, 2006

News From The Lambsons...

This isn't the greatest picture, but it's all we have right now. We will have more later. Or not!! Blogger STINKS!!! It won't let me download any pictures right now, so you'll just have to read this w/out one. How fun is that? Sorry. Will post ASAP!!!

Here I am again, with another stressful week behind me. Not only did Gila Man cut his wrist really badly at work, but Mr. B is cutting 4 new teeth and has been up every 2 hours at night for the last 4 days. Then the front door latch broke while we were outside and we were locked out for an hour until we remembered we had left one of the windows open. The cooler pump went out, the handles and hinges fell off my doors in the kitchen... sheesh! Things have just been a little off this week. BTW...I'm still happy to have a glass, I just need to vent a little.

The biggest news for our little family right now is that Mr. B (who will be 2 on October 25th) had his eyes checked and is extremely farsighted. Because of this, his eyes have to work very hard to see things up close and by the end of the day, his eye muscles just give up and his right eye rolls in toward his nose. I feel bad saying this, but I was heartbroken!! Oh, sure...things could have been worse, MUCH worse. If we had waited to see if he would "grow out of the problem" as was suggested to me by some friends, he would most certainly had to have had surgery. I don't know how parents deal with major illnesses in their children. I mean, the whole way home I kept thinking, "What did I do wrong? Could I have done something differently? Like eat more carrots while I was pregnant? Or chicken? Or fish? Or feed my kid more vegtables?". I just felt so guilty.

And face it...Nobody wants their child to have any handicaps in life. No matter how small. I don't want anything bad to happen to my little boy in his life...EVER!! No pee-wee football for this little man! He will be the newest "bubble boy"! Oh, help the first girl who breaks his sweet little heart.

Ok, so I'm going a little overboard and ya'll are thinking that I'm fanatical or something. Some would say you're right (I think that would include my husband, but don't listen to him. He has a biased opinion), but I do think that he looks cute. Like the little boy from Jerry McGuire and Stuart Little. And they stared in movies with big, famous, people...right? But if I had things my way, my sweet boy would learn all the lessons in life with out feeling even a little bit of pain or having hard times. But then, I guess he really wouldn't learn much that way. It's just a Momma's dream for her baby.

2 People Shoutin' Out:

Norm! said...

Heck, Sarah Ann! Why didn't ye just call Maintenance?

Trust me on this, Sarah! Bad eyes won't hold that boy back! Not a Whit! He is Noah The Conqueror!

By Cracky!

Anonymous said...

Oh, silly girl. No guilt! Two of Mr. B's cousins wear glasses and they are both the most darlingest little thangs the world has ever seen (even if one of them is mine and I DO say so myself)! Alli and Haylee couldn't be ANY cuter, am I right or what? Plus, that's why God invented contact lenses (for those tricky junior high and high school years), you know what I'm saying?

Anyhoos, Mr. B will SO not suffer from this, and he is very lucky y'all caught it before it did any kind of permanent damage. So you can just stop feeling guilty about something that is (and was) completely beyond your control) and start feeling GRRRREAT about what an awesome parent you are to have had the common sense to take your kid in for an eye exam.

Hugs, sis.