Thursday, June 29, 2006

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!


Wow!! It's my birthday! I love my birthday (my friends say that's a sign of mental illness, and I have to say they're probably right!!). I am not scared of my birthday. I love it; the anticipation, the fun, the food, the friends, the CAKE!!! I have resloved to eat cake once a year from now on. Because cake for everyone's birthday? Hello!?! Can we say fat pants? And who wants to wear fat pants in the summer? So I am really lookin' forward to my cake tonight.

Because my husband had to work today (no he did not take the day off...this should count as a holiday or something...sheesh, I'm thinking about dumping him! The nerve!) my best friend Sarah (yep, same name...even same initials! Scary huh?) came over this morning and made me my favorite breakfast, which I have also resigned to eating once a year, biscuits and gravy! Oh, the yumminess! And there were balloons, and cards, and a cute (*cough* hideous *cough*) pink princess crown that I HAD to wear or I couldn't eat the yummy breakfast. How much fun was that?

The fun doesn't end yet! I get more royal treatment tonight when I go to dinner at my parents place! I love my birthday, it just never ceases to be fun for me...Until my brother reminds me how close to 30 I am. But I really don't care. REALLY, because when I start to look like I'm 30 and act like I'm 30 I should be about 45 years old, and I am totally ok with that!

4 People Shoutin' Out:

Norm! said...

Sarah Ann, your friends, all young, I'd reckon, have it all wrong!

It is when you Hate your Birthday that you are in need of Mental Doctoring! You, Sarah, are a Member of the Normal Minority, an Organization comprised of people who, despite all odds, Love Life!

Happy Birthday!

Norm!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!

Aaron

Cat said...

Happy birthday, Sarah Lou! (channeling Neal, here...)

If tonight is the only day this year that you eat cake, then babe, you better ENJOY it. SAVOR it. Cake = GOOD STUFF. Heck, throw it down and roll around in it! BE the cake!

Okay, I'm clearly out of my mind. I'm off to bed.

:)

Anonymous said...

Hello All!!
I sure had a great day...can't wait fer everbody tuh see the great pics we took with my nice, er...crown on.
Norm! All my friends seem to be younger than me, which is hard to believe when you live in a retirement village such as this. I am now the second oldest in our "group" of friends (maybe you could call us a gang), and everyone loves to remind me of it...

Cat! Wannna know what kind of cake it was? My best friend made me a "Better Than Sex Cake". I don't normally like chocolate, but whoah, did I ever SAVOR it...can't even tell ya how good it was. If I have to wait a year for cake like that, it's totally WORTH EVERY MINUTE! Of, had to answer lots of questions from Gila Man after we left my folks house....*grinning wickedly*